Head of Marketing (growth & content focus)
Are you a builder who lives to create and problem-solve? Is your idea of spare time reading books and blogs, listening to podcasts, and watching videos to get more marketing ideas and inspiration? Are you like a racehorse at the starting gate, ready to run and help grow a business?
We’ll just come right out and say it: we’re looking for a marketing leader who’s prepared to play a Big Role in a Big Win. We’re not trying to get a base hit here; we’re aiming for the fences. And we need a VP Marketing who can provide the leadership, coach the team, and run the plays to get us there.
This is one of those pinch-me-I’m-dreaming opportunities to lead a marketing team at a marketing-led business that sells marketing software and services.
This is your chance to join early and grab a cockpit seat on a rocketship.
Who is Jottful?
Jottful is reimagining the way small businesses market themselves online — starting with their websites. We’re an early-stage software company with a rapidly growing all-remote workforce.
What is this position all about?
We’re entering a new stage of rapid growth.
We have product-market fit. We have hundreds of customers and the makings of a mini-brand. We have an off-the-charts NPS, glowing customer testimonials, and spectacularly low churn rates.
We have a growth engine in place (direct response video advertising). And we’re building a community and marketplace to drive non-linear growth in the future.
We have a lot going for us. And now we need a marketing leader to roll up their sleeves and take it to the next level.
This position reports to the company’s CEO (the very person who managed to mix horse racing, baseball, and space-exploration metaphors in a single job description) and has Board-level exposure.
- Delivering qualified sales leads
- Content production and distribution
- Performance marketing / direct-response video advertising
- Middle-of-the-funnel lead nurturing and remarketing
- Customer marketing
- Hiring, leading, and coaching a specialized team of marketing professionals
- Forecasting monthly, quarterly, and annual targets and budgets
- Tracking CAC, LTV:CAC, etc.
- 10+ years experience, much of it in marketing
- Previously director, VP, or head of marketing (preferably at a B2C or B2SMB company)
- Growth marketer at heart
- Absolute fluency with funnel marketing and conversion rates
- An understanding of SaaS metrics
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and visual)
- Experience leading content strategy & production for distribution across channels
- Have worked at an early-stage startup
- Experience recruiting marketing team members
- An understanding of the marketing challenges small business owners and entrepreneurs face
- Knowledge of the marketing vendor and marketing software landscape
- Practical experience with all the marketing software and tools you’ll need to use
- Love a fast pace and constant change
- Empathetic and eager to chat directly with prospects and customers
- Highly analytical
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to make difficult decisions, including with limited data
- Has started a business or freelanced previously
- Hands-on experience running campaigns through the Google Ads platform, including on YouTube
- Google Analytics expertise
- PR/media relations
- Employer branding
- Worked at a SaaS business
- Marketing or selling to Very Small Businesses (VSBs)
- Agency management
- Website design and/or development
- Video production
- Bi-lingual (esp. Spanish)
How to Apply
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Your resume
- An email/cover letter telling us why you’re a great fit for Jottful and for this role (applications without a cover letter will not be considered)
Cash compensation for this role is $130,000 – $150,000, depending on experience and equity compensation. The position is remote; some travel is expected.
We’re a female-founded business, believer in the power of diversity, and an equal opportunity employer.