Struggling to think of things to write about? Worried that if you start a blog you’ll quickly run out of topics?
You know that posting fresh content on your website and showing up on social media is important for brand awareness, but how can you sustain it for the long run?
We recently spoke with content-marketing maven Trisha Winter for our Marketing Made Easy video series and podcast. She shared some fun and practical tips to keep us all coming up with fresh ideas for content.
What follows are some of the highlights of our friendly interrogation of Trisha. To dig into the details, watch the video, listen to the pod wherever get your podcasts, or read Trisha’s blog post on her FocusedB2B website.
1. Host a brainstorming session
Start with a brainstorm session inviting a few others who understand your offering and your target audience. During the session, answer the following questions, making a comprehensive list of your answers:
- What pains is the target audience experiencing that might lead them to consider my offering?
- What passions does the target audience have that are tangential to my offering?
- What questions does my target audience usually ask before becoming a customer?
2. Pass all your ideas through this framework
For each idea, consider whether it is:
- Relatable – written from their point of view, not yours
- Educational – gives them information they didn’t know
- Actionable – gives them information they can use
3. Turn ideas into headlines
Come up with 8-10 hooks for social posts and schedule them over the course of a month. Try out fun headline formats, such as:
- Did you know that XXXX?
- Really?!? XX% of XX do XX.
- Wondering why XXXX happens? Read on!
- XXXX doesn’t have to be difficult. Here’s how to solve it!
4. Schedule some “filler” posts
It is much easier to keep up with the pace of social media if you have “filler” content that can be used at any time to fill in the gaps in your schedule. Here are some ideas for this filler content:
- Features or services
Watch or listen to our complete interview with Trisha to learn even more tips, such as:
- How much time should business owners dedicate to blog and social media marketing?
- What tools can you use to make this easier to manage?