With Cinco de Mayo coming up, small business owners can incorporate the holiday into their marketing. Here are five (of course!) Cinco de Mayo marketing ideas you can use in your small business:
1. Host an Alcohol-Free Cinco de Mayo Open House Party
2. Set Up a Booth at a Local Cinco de Mayo Festival
You can’t expect people to drop their celebrations to visit your business — but you can bring your business to them!
3. Incorporate the Number 5 into Your Marketing
- Buy four items, get the 5th item free
- Give a goodie bag to the first five customers
- Get 5%, 15%, 25% off any item
- Give a special discount to every 5th (or 50th) customer
- Have a specialty item available at the counter with purchase for $5
Pour some mocktails, cater some food, and allow your customers to shop until they drop at your Cinco de Mayo open house.
4. Partner with Nonprofit Organizations that Serve the Mexican Community in Your Neighborhood
5. Play Cinco de Mayo “Fact or Fiction” in Exchange for a Discount
Quick — test your knowledge: is Cinco de Mayo a celebration of Mexican Independence Day? Nope! Cinco de Mayo marks the day that the Mexican army won over the French army at the Battle of Puebla in 1862. In the United States, it has become an occasion to celebrate Mexican culture.